We know that driving during the winter weather can be stressful at times. Not only can it make your commute longer, but it can also make your drive more dangerous if your car isn't taken care of properly. When it comes to driving in ice or snow, we a few a hacks that will help you conquer regular winter car problems and get you on the road quicker.
- Use hand sanitizer to defrost car door handles and locks. Hand sanitizer has a main ingredient of alcohol which helps to quickly defrost ice. Keeping a small keychain sized hand sanitizer on your key ring can be helpful in this instance.
- If your driveway is covered in ice or sleet, you may have trouble getting out of the driveway. Using kitty litter is another trick that can help give your car's tires traction with the road.
- Another winter weather issue that you may find yourself experiencing is frozen windshield wipers. Putting old socks over each windshield wiper can help prevent the wipers from becoming frozen.
- If you find yourself dealing with frost on your side mirrors, using plastic bags to cover them up and can help prevent the side mirrors from icing over.
- Keep an ice scraper in your car when your find your windshields frosted over.
We hope that these winter weather car hacks will be helpful the next time you experiencing driving in severe weather conditions. If you ever need a vehicle inspection or repair, don't hesitate to give us a call here at Autoworks of Issaquah.