Summer is almost here, and whether you're planning a road trip or spending time with family at home or by the pool, we want you to stay safe, protected, and cool. The temperatures are rising, which means that we will be more than likely spending more time outdoors. The extra time spent on the sun requires us to pay more attention to our health and protection.
Here are some helpful tips on how to keep cool this summer:
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing in light colors and airy fabrics.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water and juice.
- Avoid hot foods and consider cooler options like chilled soups, fruit or garden salads, cold pasta salads or sandwiches.
- Set your air conditioner to re-circulate. This not only keeps the air cooler, but makes it easier on your vehicle to maintain the desired temperature.
- Consider traveling during the milder morning and evening hours and finding shelter inside when the sun is at its most dangerous (10am – 4pm).
- Dampen a handkerchief or washcloth and use it to keep your face, arms and neck cool.
- Window vents are an affordable option that allows warm air to vent out while the cooler outside air can find its way in.
- Keep a change of cool summer clothes in your vehicle – you can easily freshen up should an afternoon turn unusually hot.
If you're planning a road trip with family, don't forget to have your vehicle inspected before you hit the road here at Autoworks of Issaquah. We will ensure that your vehicle is ready to handy your trip and will stay reliable throughout.