When it comes to hitting the road, you never know what can happen. Driving in unpredictable, especially because getting safely to your destination doesn't always rely on your own individual driving. A component in your vehicle could break unexpectedly, leaving you stranded. You may also find yourself with a flat tire after driving over a nail in the road. You really don't know what can happen, but being prepared to the best of your ability can be a lifesaver when you're in a tough spot.
Here are some of the safety supplies that are must-haves when it comes to what to always have in your car:
- Jumper cables - having jumper cables can make the difference between needing a tow or not if you find yourself with a dead battery. You will need a friend or family member to help jump start your car, or you can also have a battery jump pack on hand to be able to jump start your car yourself.
- Tire sealant - Tire sealant can seal and inflate a tire quickly if you find yourself with a flat tire. It won't fix the problem but it can at least get you to the nearest gas station or to save place away from traffic.
- Flashlight - having a flashlight is always helpful, especially when you find yourself stranded at night.
- A phone charge - this is essential for all emergencies, because you never want to find yourself stranded or stuck and not even be able to call for help with a dead phone.
- Extra blankets and jackets - having cold weather attire can help keep you warm if you're broken down at night on the side of the road with no heater!
- Spare tire, jack, and lug wrench - when you need to get to a gas station or shop and you have a flat, having your spare and tools to change your tire is essential.
All of the items listed above can help with a variety of car emergencies that you may find yourself in at one point or another. If you do find yourself with a broken down car that needs a repair, bring your vehicle into our shop here at Autoworks of Issaquah for assistance!