When you first own a vehicle, one of the most important services that you learn about is your vehicle's oil change. It is the most frequent service that your vehicle receives and is one of the most vital in terms of engine performance and longevity. It is typically required between every 3-6 months but can vary for newer vehicles. Your vehicle's owner's manual is the best source for understanding how often your vehicle needs its oil change.
Your vehicle's engine oil has the important job of keeping engine parts lubricated and clean. It does tend to wear down quicker than the other fluids inside of your vehicle, which is why oil changes are more frequent. If you have an oil change nearing, we advise you to never consider skipping it! Here are some of the reasons why you should never skip an oil change:
- A skipped oil change can lead to severe engine damage which can be costly to repair.
- Running on old oil can lead to poor fuel efficiency.
- Skipping an oil change can void warranties.
- A poorly maintained vehicle can decrease your vehicle's resale value.
- A damaged engine can cause an overall decrease in vehicle performance and a rough running engine.
Overall, when you consider the cost of an oil change versus engine repair, getting your oil changed on time is a no brainer. You'll save yourself hundreds if not thousands of dollars by avoiding major issues, and your vehicle will run at its best.
If you're due for an oil change, we invite you into our shop here at Autoworks of Issaquah today!